Thomas Dudley Limited was established in 1920. Having previously helped to develop and manage foundries across the UK, Thomas Dudley decided to set up his own business. In 1934 land was acquired and the foundry relocated to its current site on the Birmingham New Road. In 1936, Thomas Dudley sailed on the Queen Mary’s maiden voyage to America and visited a number of foundries to help formulate his vision for the future of the company. By the 1950’s, the foundry was producing a wide range of products including cast iron WC cisterns. However, following a number of harsh winters, they began factoring frost-resistant heavy duty rubber cisterns. This move paved the way for the plastics division which started to manufacture plastic injection moulded models shortly afterwards. As the foundry expanded, they invested heavily in mechanised plant and installed seven automated moulding lines between 1966 and 1988. Between 1969 and 1971, a new building was also erected to house the plastics division.
Today, Thomas Dudley Limited is a member of the successful Thomas Dudley Group. Still owned and managed by the Dudley family, the Group employs around 350 people and generates a turnover exceeding £30 million